Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow

Snow sparkling all around me,
Snow flakes glisten,
White sheets fall about the concrete.
White angel bodies litter the frost
Dreaming of multi-coloured pixies in the trees.

Water iced over falling from the joyous heavens,
Streaks of ice stand raggedly against my feet;
Hands elegantly swaying about me as I feel the coldness seep through my skin.
Droplets pepper the black smudge of lashes against a pale cheek
Indicated by a pale blue-lit light.
An aura all around me now gushing wondrous life
Sparkles from a halo in the sky.
Covered rooftops follow smoke,
Cloudy skies lit bright;
Grey and blue swirled like a milkshake
Unfurl unto the Earth.
A crunch beneath a heavy boot suggests the present ice,
The warmth has left.
Yet everyone amidst us is smiling.
A fight breaks out and a snowman falls,
Ice flung across the road;
Cars misted windows, cold interiors,
All frozen in a row.
But inside where the candle's bright,
The sensation grows.
Beside a mistletoe, stocking-lit fire,
Hot chocolate and marshmellows we stand by the window staring transfixed at the snow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOLLA! I hope you have a great one and hope this is the happiest birthday of them all.
Song of the day: 'Everything' by Lifehouse.

4 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Well done Shane....lovely

Would love the snow right now

IndigoGirl said...

I can almost see and feel and smell and hear the snow!

NuNu ... said...

Ahw, you take my breath away. You are truly great in making the unreal so real - I second Indi in saying - I touched the snow, I could smell the snow, see it, feel the cold and even taste the hot cocoa! You are a talented being!

Love you lots
Pixi

seagate said...

what is it??